The purpose of RE at Craneswater is to support children in developing their own beliefs, values and principles, and to support their spiritual, moral, social and cultural development. We believe our children have the right to think and feel what they want and should have the freedom to express this within a safe and encouraging environment.
Through our teaching we aim to:
- Give the children confidence to interpret, evaluate and respond to differing values, beliefs and practices within religions;
- Foster mutual understanding between children of differing religious and cultural backgrounds;
- Encourage the children to share their own and others’ cultural and life experiences;
- Encourage the children to apply their own beliefs and values to situations in their own and others’ lives;
- Extend their thinking and analytical skills and also their creative, imaginative and emotional development.
We hope to achieve this through:
- Class discussions
- Creative activities
- Visits from members of the community
- Trips to places of worship or interest
- Year Group Performance
Click here for the RE overview