Geography at Craneswater offers exciting opportunities for children to learn about the world around them. It is taught as a blocked topic within each year group and each focuses on the progression of skills through the study of a place or physical element.
The Craneswater geography curriculum offers opportunities for children to:
- Develop awareness of place, starting at a local level and extending to regional, national and global contexts.
- Develop understanding of the physical elements of geography
- Experience using atlases, globes and maps at a range of scales.
- Use ICT to support learning at every available opportunity
- Participate in field visits where possible
- Enhance their awareness and responsibility for the care of the earth and its sustainable development
Click here to view the geography overview