YEAR 2 TRANSITION
Information for families joining Craneswater September 2020
School letter sent to yr 2 parents and carers June 2020
Firstly, may I welcome you and your child to Craneswater and thank you for selecting us for your child’s junior school education.
Usually at this point we would be informing you of our range of transition events . However, these are, at present, not open to us. Instead, we are working with our feeder schools and the Local Authority to develop some alternative arrangements. Our aim is still to provide the best possible transition for all children. We have already started our conversations and information sharing with our infant school colleagues about the children who will be coming up to us including those with additional needs. As we make further plans, we will inform you of these.
You will shortly be receiving an admissions form by post. If you could complete this as soon as possible and return in the stamped addressed envelope provided this would be much appreciated.
Breakfast and after school childcare.
This is provided at Craneswater by Binsteed Childcare Services. Please contact them directly on 023 92421313 if you are interested in a place for September. They provide childcare starting at 7.30 and finishing at 5.45pm.
Bramble Infant and Nursery School also provide after school care. The children are taken by a walking bus to the centre. Their contact details are : Tel: 02392 422437.
We no longer sell uniform from the school office unless it is an emergency. We have two uniform providers for you to choose from. Brigade Clothing and My Clothing Limited. Please take a look at both sites and make your choices. The deadlines for ordering are set out below.
- Trousers/shorts – plain in black or charcoal grey (available from most clothing suppliers)
- Skirts - black or charcoal grey (available from most clothing suppliers)
- Polo shirts – white (available from most clothing suppliers)
- Sweatshirts/cardigans – navy blue (available from Brigade Clothing or My Clothing Limited) “hoodies” are not permitted
- Black or charcoal grey tights - leggings are not permitted (available from most clothing suppliers)
- Shoes – completely black
- Summer dresses - blue gingham (available from most clothing suppliers)
- School bag: Years 3 & 4 – Blue drawstring (pupil’s lockers are small and can only accommodate this type).
In order to reduce playground accidents, it is recommended that children wear black flat-heeled shoes with encased toes. Children are NOT permitted to wear trainers.
- Black or navy shorts, yellow embroidered t-shirt. A shorts and T-shirt set is free if your child is entitled to free school meals. (Please contact the office and we will order the items for you).
- Plimsolls or bare feet indoors, plimsolls or trainers outdoors
- Yellow PE bag
Brigade Clothing: www.brigade.uk.com
My Clothing Limited: www.myclothing.com
The last date for ordering is Friday 7th August 2020.
Free School Meal Pupils
If you are or think you may be entitled to free school meals, please make sure you make an application to https://www.gov.uk/apply-free-school-meals and send it to the Local Authority who will notify us of your entitlement. This is a worthwhile exercise even if your child is not likely to have school dinners as the school receives an amount of money, “Pupil Premium”, to spend on supporting achievement. When you register you will also be entitled to a free PE shorts and T-Shirt set and reduced fees for music lessons should your child wish to partake.
If you are entitled then please email the school at ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ giving the size you wish to order.